Note!

[Note]
Hi! These stories that I post are mostly for leisure purposes only (for you and me) . Please don't flame my stories but comment on them, okay?
ENJOY THEM! :)

Thursday, 12 April 2012

“It was an incident I doubt I will ever forget” [Part 1]

Hello All! I'm back to blogging again - it's been a long time. This is my first story - I took this from one of my assignments from my last year of secondary high school. A "Writing a story ending"assignment. I have done some amendments to the original story I wrote.

The first three paragraphs are given but the rest are mine.

By the way, I am splitting this story into 2 parts. Wait, this gets much more interesting!

I will be writing 3 endings for this story - happy, sad and psychotic. So, please pick one of these 3 words : 'happy', 'sad', 'psychotic' at the reactions below (just want to know what's the interest out there).

Enough with the chatter and ON WITH THE STORY!

Hope you enjoy it and comment + rate it! And of course, NO FLAMING! : D

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Our family doctor had been attending to our medical needs for as long as I can remember. Dr Tanaka was my father’s classmate and hence, both of them go a long way. In fact, my father is actually married to Dr Tanaka’s sister and the relationship could be considered both professional and personal!

Dr Tanaka and his family including his two sons are very close to us and they spend most weekends at our home. Both our families regularly go on holidays together as well as look out for each other. Dr Tanaka’s wife is also a physician and work at the same clinic. I sometimes help them out with dispensing medicines when one of their staff is on leave or when they are short of manpower. I actually learnt a lot of medical terms and uses of certain medicines through my experience there.

One day, Dr Tanaka called me at home to request for assistance at the clinic. One of his nurses, Miss Michiyo, had been taken ill suddenly and he needed my help urgently. Although I was tired after my extra-curricular activities, I obliged because Dr Tanaka and his wife have rendered financial assistance to my family many times without ever asking for repayment. They are both very kind and generous human beings. I had a quick shower and headed towards the clinic on my bicycle.

The door was locked. It took me by surprise as Dr Tanaka never locks his clinic unless it is closed. I knocked several times but to no avail. Impatient, I started calling out his name. The door finally creaked open. It was dark and again, I was surprised. As soon as I entered the clinic, a hand went over my mouth forcing me not to scream. But my screams were stifled by the sheer force of the person pressing his hand across my mouth. A few seconds later, I was gagged and my hands tied behind my back. It began to dawn on me that I had walked into a robbery in progress. I realised the situation was very serious, particularly when I saw Dr Tanaka lying on the floor in a pool of blood. His wife was tied to a chair. Her mouth was gagged too.

My heart was racing. I realised I was going to have a panic attack which I have never had before. I started looking around and saw Dr Tanaka’s wife opposite me. She looked at me calmly. She was not frightened or anything like most people would be in these types of situations. She was just sitting there as if it was like a normal situation. I felt curious and awkward by her unusual calmness. I then tried to calm myself down and went with the flow. I looked on and saw three robbers. All of them wore ski masks. However, there was one robber who stood out. He was shorter and smaller-built than the other two robbers. The other two robbers were tall and had well-built bodies. The short robber and one of the tall robbers had machetes as their weapon, but the other robber had a gun. I guessed the gun was an ordinary handgun based on my knowledge from watching too many crime dramas.

Out of a sudden, Dr Tanaka’s wife started muffling things that I could not really understand – yet. The robber with the handgun rushed over to her and removed her gag.

             “Let me go! I thought we had a deal! ”, she screamed at the robber with the handgun.

              “Sorry dear, you are of no use to me anymore. Boys, continue searching for the research files! ”, the robber said while waving his gun.

               I was completely baffled by them.

              What were they talking about? What deal? , I thought to myself.

             “W-wait! I can tell you where the files are if you let me go! ”, Dr Tanaka’s wife cried out before he placed the gag back on her mouth. I was still baffled by their conversation. The robber had no choice but to let her go to help them find the files in order to speed things up.
             
             Dr Tanaka’s wife rubbed her scraped wrists and then went to the medicine cabinet. The robber followed behind her with his gun aiming her back. She pulled out all of the medicine of the particular cabinet. She pushed the wall behind the cabinet and it opened to a secret cabinet. She pulled out a folder of papers which I guessed it contained the research files they were talking about earlier.

“Boys, you can stop searching for them now. We are going to be rich!” the robber with the gun exclaimed.

             I then realised what my fate would be in this situation. Either I will get out of this mess alive or I will die. I struggled to reach for a silent alarm button that I had discovered during my service with Dr Tanaka and his wife. I quickly pressed the button when all of the robbers were busy celebrating their ‘victory’ and returned to my original position.
Suddenly, the short robber pointed at.

“What are we going to do with her?”

Immediately, Dr Tanaka’s wife replied:
“Leave her or shoot her. I don’t care. She’s a stupid girl! I’m going back now.”

She stopped to look at me and then she walked away gracefully.

I was stunned.

“Wait…” the robber with the gun paused. He lifted his gun and shot Dr Tanaka’s wife, right in the middle of her forehead, just as she turned to look at him.

Everything slowed down. As if we were in a movie.

My eyes and mouth were wide with shock. I was stunned and my body couldn’t move as if it went into shock mode. My stomach slowly churned as I saw her brain matter and blood spurted out like tomato sauce spurting out from a bottle, as she slowly collapsed. As I could not react on time, some of it spurted onto me.
I was covered with her blood and… brain matter. I screamed.

“Now it’s your turn little girl!” the robber pointed his gun at me and grinned.

I calmed myself down immediately after the scream and I looked at him in the eyes.

1 comment:

  1. love the story!!! quickly continue the story!!! btw, bombarstic words used, salute!

    ReplyDelete